Rutherford Cross is working with a blue-chip company based in Glasgow, growing their finance team as a result of acquisitions, to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that offers great career development, a positive working culture and a generous benefits package. The position requires a qualified accountant with excellent technical accounting skills, prior exposure to US GAAP and SOX controls.
- Main point of contact for technical accounting issues for the Finance team and the wider business
- Prepare technical accounting papers to support Group’s treatment (US GAAP and FRS 102)
- Advise commercial teams of changes in accounting standards and the impact on reporting
- Lead, contribute and assist in resolution of complex accounting issues for example revenue accounting, acquisition accounting, lease accounting, impairments
- Ensure SOX requirements are fully met.
- Main finance point of contact for SOX compliance team.
- Coordinate SOX reviews/audits.
- Assist with monitoring and compliance of the groups internal controls over financial reporting framework.
- Act as a point of contact for external auditors on any technical accounting matters
- Build positive relationships with the CAO, US Senior Management and divisional Financial Directors.
- Build relationships with key operational figures in the business and act as an escalation point for technical/SOX issues.
- University Degree
- CA, ACCA, ACA qualification with at least 2/3 years post qualification experience
- Big 4 training
- US GAAP & SOX
- Professional services background
- Project management experience/experience of implementing new processes and/or controls
- Ability to priority manage and adhere to challenging deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to dealing with multiple tasks and environments
- Process redesign and implementation
- Strong people management skills
- Strong organisational/influencing skills
- Salary £60,000-£65,000
- 7% Employer pension contribution
- Private medical
- Death in service
- Flexible benefit options
- 27 days holiday and 7 bank holidays