Rutherford Cross launches brand new search on behalf of Anderson, Anderson Brown, for a Senior R&D Tax Manager to be based in the Central Belt of Scotland. The R&D Tax team, part of the Corporate Tax department at Anderson Anderson Brown provide R&D tax advice and Patent Box advice to a wide range of businesses with ongoing projects that qualify for tax relief. Sector focusses are energy, technology, construction, and food & drink. The team is experiencing consistent growth and demand for services in Aberdeen, London and the Central Belt of Scotland.
- Meet with and lead discussions with technical personnel from companies involved in innovative activities and identifying qualifying R&D projects
- Meet and build relationships with company directors with a view to understanding their business and leading discussions on the availability of R&D tax relief and Patent Box Relief. This also includes success in converting these opportunities into sales.
- Manage R&D client relationships
- Quote for and manage both R&D and Patent Box claims
- Develop marketing material to support sales introductions.
- Prepare technical content on R&D projects for R&D reports of qualifying companies.
- Delegate relevant tasks to supporting team and develop, support and provide feedback to team.
- Prepare claims in a company’s tax return for R&D tax relief and Patent Box tax relief and work with tax professional colleagues who prepare such a claim.
- Liaise with HMRC
- Keep up to date with changing legislation and notify clients of relevant developments which could impact them
- Present to interested audiences the benefits and challenges associated with making claims for innovation tax relief
- The candidate must have an engineering background utilised in industry providing experience of analytical thinking and problem solving which will allow AAB clients and targets to be satisfied that AAB’s innovation team can have quality technical discussions around qualifying R&D activities.
- No obligation for the candidate to have an accounting background or tax qualification.
- Detailed understanding of the legislation governing the availability of additional tax relief for expenditure undertaken on qualifying R&D activities by companies.
- Detailed understanding of the legislation governing the availability of additional tax relief through Patent Box scheme (desirable).
- High level of experience and understanding of Department for BIS guidelines on the Meaning of R&D for tax purposes and HMRC’s guidance on the same.
- Self-starter with sales focus, understanding how to identify targets and initiate meetings to discuss the potential for making a claim for R&D tax relief from various industry sectors.
- Developed network within central belt of Scotland and beyond.
- Experienced project manager capable of leading multiple ongoing engagements with conflicting time and cost constraints, delivering projects at a profit.
- Team Player
- Experience in passing on knowledge of R&D to other members of the R&D team.
- Experience of liaising with HMRC around R&D tax relief.
- Proven track record of keeping up with changes to R&D tax legislation and keeping network of clients aware of how they will be affected by such changes.
- Experienced in presenting and pitching.
To apply, or have a confidential discussion about the job, please contact retained advisor Amy Peoples T: 07494280152 or E: [email protected]