Rutherford Cross are pleased to be partnered with a growing manufacturing business in Ayrshire to appoint the newly created position of Management Accountant. This role has been created due to significant growth in the business both organic and inorganic and will assume responsibility for all aspects of the financial management and administration of a newly purchased entity and various other group companies. On offer is a salary of up to 50k + benefits. Our client is based in Ayr but there is some opportunity for home working so applicants are encouraged from all over West Scotland.
Ideally, they are looking for a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAS/CIMA) with some post-qualification experience. They are happy to consider applicants from both industry and practice. The business has grown significantly in the last few years and further growth is planned this means there are significant opportunities to progress your career as the business scales further into Europe & America. You will report into the Group Financial Controller and beyond management accountant will have the opportunity to get involved with various projects.
This is a unique opportunity to a join growing corporation at a key point in its growth trajectory as its scales from SME to corporate size.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the business ensuring they are compiled using acceptable accounting practices, with appropriate commentary, accurately and not later than the 4th working day of the month
- Ensure that the accounting systems are accurate and provide a high standard of internal control. This should include sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash-flow management and maintenance of all financial ledgers, including postings, control account checks and reconciliations.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations as part of the management accounts review pack.
- Review and update the existing financial management system, whilst taking in to account the projected needs of a rapidly evolving business. Ensure all key processes are documented both from an efficiency point and internal control.
- Assist with the annual audit, being the first point of contact with any audit queries for the site.
- Prepare analytical reports as required by the senior management. Implement a pro-active program of providing key reports to management.
- Prepare reports for and participate in monthly management meetings
- Prepare annual budgets in collaboration with directors and staff and with the Corporation.
- Assist with the assessment of the commercial viability of capital expenditure projects and new business opportunities.
- Actively seek out, recommend and drive the implementation of opportunities to improve efficiency and profitability.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]