Rutherford Cross are pleased to be engaged by a leading technical services business in Stirling to appoint a Management Accountant. Reporting into the Finance Director, this role is part of the business and financial commercial team providing top quality finance support to the business, ensuring timely and accurate preparation of all required financial reporting and information.
Ideally, they are looking for a newly qualified accountant coming out of a medium sized practice, or someone who has qualified in industry. We will also consider strong PQ’s provided your experience is strong and relevant. The role itself and offers broad experience across management accounts, financial planning and analysis, business partnering and stat accounts, representing an excellent first step into industry for a qualified accountant from practice or a significant step up for an industry qualified accountant looking for more responsibility.
The role is responsible for two growing entities within the business and because of this continued growth there are significant progression opportunities. Further to this, on offer is salary up to 45k, a very generous pension contribution and a hybrid working model (2 days at home/ 3 days in the office).
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and Variance Analysis of accounts within these.
- Production and Review of audit schedules and statutory accounts.
- Liaising with external auditors in the annual audit for your area.
- Preparation of monthly contract performance report, including review of monthly contract provisions and contract sales report.
- Preparation of monthly vat returns and monthly CIS returns.
- Reconciliations between job costing system and financial system.
- Assist in monthly cash flow reporting.
- Assisting and preparing budgets
- Financial planning and analysis
- Reconciliation of balance sheet/intercompany accounts, investigation into variances and resolution.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the drive for continued improvement of management reporting.
- Compliance with internal controls for your area of responsibility.
- Management and mentoring of Accounts Assistants.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]