MacPhie Ltd – Management Accountant – Glenbervie, near Aberdeen - £Competitive
Macphie is the UK’s leading, ingredient manufacturer, producing premium quality food ingredients and solutions since 1928. Family owned and headquartered in Scotland, its product range is used by bakers, chefs and food manufacturers across almost every industry worldwide.
Macphie is headquartered on the Glenbervie Estate, less than 30 miles south of the city of Aberdeen, near Stonehaven. Its rural location in the picturesque setting of Aberdeenshire’s countryside, creates a unique home for their factory. The 1,852-acre Glenbervie Estate has been in the Macphie family since 1296 and is rich in its own history
The business has recently restructured to meet the challenges post-Covid-19 and is seeking to recruit an outstanding, commercially and financially aware individual to support the operation as it rebuilds in what will be a challenging but exciting period.
The role will be site based at Glenbervie and it is preferred that the individual is already based in the area. Certainly, this is an exceptional opportunity to join an internationally respected company with excellent prospects for personal development and progression.
The role purpose is the provision of accurate and timely product costings, management accounts, latest estimates, budgets and commercial analysis to support business decision making, whilst reviewing and making recommendations to improve the reporting formats, processes and timelines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyse weekly reports, reconcile weekly accounts to monthly management accounts, provide input to the annual budget/rolling forecasts
- Compile and analyse weekly information on production variances and sales analysis
- Investigate and report on daily exception reports
- Provide timeous costing information to commercial colleagues
- Maintain standard costs for annual standards update/budget
- Collate and reconcile key balance sheet accounts (Stock/Rebates/Direct Labour)
- Provision and analysis of Operational KPIs and any ad hoc analysis or explanations to ensure maximum site efficiency/cost control
- Support the site leadership team in all matters relating to operational finance and report accordingly
- Ad hoc analysis and project work to highlight challenges or opportunities in delivering operational targets on cost
- Develop and support other Finance staff members
The Management Accountant position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent analytical, interpersonal, and technical skills. A background in a related sector is desirable, either within drinks or manufacturing in general, and it is important that the individual has sufficient personal gravitas and capability to engage successfully with the local management team and drive positive change.
It is critical that the Management Accountant can effectively support the Site Manager and Commercial/Development Teams, while also meeting the needs of senior stakeholders across the business. In addition, it is crucial they can take responsibility for the delivery of accurate and high-quality financial information.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant with appropriate post-qualification experience
- Comprehensive technical accounting ability with a solid understanding of manufacturing financial control and reporting methodologies, ideally gained in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience of production and cost accounting would be advantageous
- Strong attention to detail
- A proven leader who can set objectives and develop individuals to achieve their potential
- Confident communicator at every level, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Commercial and analytical approach, displaying drive, initiative, and professionalism
- Customer focused, setting high standards and always aiming to achieve ambitious targets
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Committed to continuous improvement
What to do Next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor, John Ramsay at Rutherford Cross by emailing [email protected]
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.