Rutherford Cross is working with a global business who has their Headquarters based in Glasgow to recruit a Company Secretary. As Company Secretary, you will influence at the most senior level of the organisation, maintaining close relationships with the Chairman and CFO. The successful candidate would be an experienced Governance professional with a Legal or Accountancy background. This is a 12-month opportunity working 1-2 days per week with a lot of flexibility on offer.
Main responsibilities of the requirement would include;
- To further develop corporate governance procedures
- To maintain the statutory records and company filings
- Provide advice and guidance on company secretarial matters as required
- Review documents and journals for the board
- Attend board and subcommittee meetings and take the minutes
- To produce draft minutes to the Chairman of the business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- A qualified solicitor, barrister or Qualified Accountant with Governance experience or previous Company Secretary knowledge
- Possess good working knowledge of MS Office and Blueprint
- Demonstrate strong corporate administration skills
- Highly organised & efficient
- High level of confidentiality and can demonstrate the ability to work meticulously and accurately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills