Rutherford Cross are working on a rare opportunity for an in-house Private Client Senior Tax Manager. Our client is a top 10 global law firm, operating in more than 40 countries with a headcount of c.8000. The tax team is split across the UK, and because of continued growth, the Head of Tax is looking to recruit a Senior Tax Manager into Scotland, to focus on Partnership Taxes.
As a senior member of the tax team, reporting to the Head of Tax, your responsibilities will include:
- Meeting complex demands for tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy.
- Integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, to help develop and implement effective, practical, and sustainable tax strategies.
- Leading financial planning, accounting and tax compliance activity and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities.
- Working to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner, mitigating tax risk, complying effectively with tax laws and taking into account the prospect of change.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Partners and stakeholders as their trusted advisor.
- Ongoing review of processes and procedures to identify scope for improvement.
- Significant experience in Private Client Tax from a large accountancy or law firm, ideally to Senior Manager level, but experienced Managers will also be considered
- Professional qualification – ACA or CTA
- Degree qualified
- Strong communication skills, able to influence thinking on tax planning and compliance
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.