Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a global business based in the city centre of Glasgow. This role is extremely flexible around working hours and can be fully remote if desired, with a requirement to be in the office once a quarter to meet with the team. On offer is a competitive salary along with an extremely generous benefits package.
Activities that will be expected of the Hedge Accounting Manager include the provision of management reporting to support business strategies, targets and objectives. This role involves significant technical knowledge, practical systems ability and communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of technical accounting and products, as well as understanding how risk management strategy and market movements can impact financial reporting.
- Competitive salary of up to £60k (dependent on experience)
- Bonus scheme
- A 35-hour working week
- Flexible hours – work when suits you
- Flexible location – work where suits you
- 38.5 days annual leave
- 5 extra paid well-being days per year
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Other generous benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Be responsible for production of month end derivative and FVOCI management reporting including journal entries, reconciliations and commentary and ownership of ledger structure and mappings to enable this process
- Complete monthly BAU hedge accounting activity including maintaining hedge relationships, hedge effectiveness calculations and accounting entries
- Ensure compliance with processes and controls as well as maintaining suitable procedure documentation. Where possible suggest and execute improvements to the financial governance within the derivative accounting area, and be able to explain processes to other impacted teams
- Develop and maintain IFRS compliant design and documentation of hedge accounting designations, de-designations and re-designations
- Optimise hedging strategy for Profit & Loss volatility management
- Produce relevant statutory and regulatory disclosures for Group and Company reporting.
- Maintain awareness of IFRS exposure drafts and guidance notes as related to Treasury products and transactions, assisting policy development and implementation.
- Ad hoc technical accounting advice
- ICAS/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification
- Background working in Financial Services, or Energy Sector
- Knowledge of hedge effectiveness
- Experience in accounting for complex financial instruments
- Thorough understanding of business processes, controls and audit trail requirements
- IFRS accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and proactive individual
To find out more information please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross.
Email: [email protected]