Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered again with one of our key FMCG clients to help appoint the newly created position of Group Costing Accountant. Reporting to the Head of Group Product Costings, the Group Costing Accountant is responsible for the accurate costing of all products from concept through to post launch review. Our client operates a hybrid & flexible working model with two days per week in the office. Regular travel around the UK is to be expected with this role. On offer is a salary of up to 38k + full study support.
Whilst the role is focused on product costing, a key part of this role is business partnering you will be expected to liaise with various parts of the business (Operations, Commercial Finance, Group etc.) and provide financial insight to influence business decision making at regular meetings. Ideally, we are looking for a part-qualified accountant with experience within the manufacturing sector, no previous costing experience is required although would be advantageous. Our client has a track record of supporting employee development and the head of this team came through the graduate scheme, so there are significant opportunities to progress your career within the business and rotate into different finance teams to broader your exposure.
- Managing the costing process ensuring product cost accuracy throughout the NPD process.
- Drive efficiency in product costings by engaging with key stakeholders of departments.
- Ensure latest cost sets and financial reference data is accurate and up to date in our online system (RP).
- Attend and provide insight at product internal reviews.
- Collate and review all data for a product post launch review.
- Responsible for standard Bill of Material (BOM) exporting and timely set up of operational BOMs.
- Maintain all BOM amends and ensure BOM alignment between RP and our ERP system.
- Support the Head of Group Product Costings on ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Support the finance graduates during their role transitions.
- Travel to other sites when required to maintain site knowledge and awareness.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity including a comprehensive job specification, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]