We are working with a Glasgow city centre based company on an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious accountant to join a growing finance team as a Financial Accountant. A very competitive salary & excellent benefits package including private health care, pension & death in service are on offer for the right candidate.
This position would ideally suit candidates keen to make their first move out of Big 4 / mid-tier external audit or those who have already moved to industry looking to work in a more dynamic environment where they can make their mark.
- Responsible for the generation of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts for financial reporting.
- Overall responsibility for the Management accounting for a number of group entities;
- Ensure the timely completion of monthly close processes with complete and accurate recording of all close transactions;
- Continually review processes for ongoing improvement in the workflows related to the close process, looking to improve the efficiency of the reporting process;
- Involvement in accounting for the acquisition of new companies and assets;
- Submission of monthly/quarterly VAT and CIS returns to relevant tax authority and coordination of payments to settle any liabilities.
- Liaising with auditors during their interim and final audit visit;
- Preparation of annual budgets, periodic forecasts & weekly cash flow forecasts;
- Participating in and completing special accounting projects as assigned;
Qualifications & experience
- Qualified chartered accountant with a detailed up-to- date knowledge of all accounting standards and FRS 102/ IFRS;
- Strong analytical ability and natural problem solver, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail;
- Proven experience and ability to work to tight deadlines with a drive for results;
- Flexible self-starter with a high level of initiative and a team player with strong communication and relationship management skills;
- Excellent IT skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular advanced Excel capability.
- Candidate must be prepared to work on a significant number of different corporate entities and structures.
- Previous property related experience whilst beneficial is by no means a requirement for this role. Experience in dealing with HMRC on VAT related matters would also be an advantage..
- Ideally at least one year PQE.
Bonus: Discretionary depending on personal and company performance
Holidays: 25 days plus 10 stats plus office closure between Christmas and New Year
Pension: Employer 6.5%, employee 1.5%
Private health care and life assurance after probationary period
Scope for significant progression as company continues to grow