Due to go live later this year, the implementation of Oracle Fusion will mark a significant and positive change for the entire organisation and all its staff. The software will offer more efficient and effective processes as well as an improved user experience. The new system will cover both ERP (finance and procurement) and HCM (HR/Payroll). Oracle will be rolled out in two phases, with the second phase commencing in 2021.
To support the delivery of Oracle Fusion, we have created a support team of HCM and ERP specialists.
Sitting within the Fusion Support Team, the Fusion Manager (ERP & Reporting) role is an exciting opportunity to assist in the management and delivery of system developments and enhancements within Oracle Fusion, whilst also being responsible for the delivery of a first-class support service.
Working closely with the other Fusion Managers, the Fusion Manager (ERP & Reporting) will focus on the ERP pillar of the software as well as the delivery and enhancement of reporting across Fusion ERP and HCM to meet the information needs of the business. In the period immediately following go-live the emphasis of the post will be to support the change, but once the software is embedded within the organisation, and whilst continuing to offer effective support, the focus will move towards adopting enhancements as part of a rolling programme of continuous improvement.
Oracle Fusion will be integral to the smooth running of HR, payroll, financials and procurement therefore this role will be critical to ensuring that the system is effectively and efficiently maintained, supported and fit for purpose.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
• Partnering with Senior Managers and subject matter experts in the development, configuration, and end user support of the Oracle Fusion ERP
• Driving improvement in management information from Oracle Fusion, actively engaging with users to help understand which is possible.
• Planning, configuring and delivering enhancements to the Oracle Fusion ERP system and reporting. You will work with the team to define improvement priorities and will be responsible for delivering advice, coaching and training to customers and team members in order to increase their knowledge of the improvement.
• You will be responsible for communicating with team members on all Oracle Fusion ERP and reporting improvements, you will ensure the Fusion Service Desk is ready to help users with all improvements and ensure appropriate training has been given to support staff.
• Responsible for effective and robust testing of all related Oracle Fusion ERP and reporting elements in line with both the quarterly upgrades and in advance of adopting system enhancements. Working with subject matter experts to ensure all upgrades and integrations are tested, effective, understood by the users and the system remains fit for purpose.
• You will provide support for the more complicated service desk calls (and during busy periods provide assistance for the primary calls) by managing incidents, requests, changes and problems; responsible for raising service requests with third party support.
• Monitor upcoming Oracle Fusion ERP and reporting updates and map features to the identified business needs.
• Act as subject matter expert for all Oracle Fusion ERP integrations, upgrades and new functionality rollouts
• Support environment management to ensure there is a controlled and meaningful environment for testing and continuous improvement activities.
• Acting as day to day contact for Oracle Fusion ERP through the logging and monitoring of service requests, upskilling and communicating new updates to relevant colleagues and acting as key contact during upgrades.
• Design, develop and deliver training and support material to all employees on the use of Oracle Fusion ERP.
• Provide expertise on matters relating to Oracle Fusion ERP (and Enterprise Performance Management – EPM) Cloud for phase two of the implementation project.