Edinburgh city centre / £40-52k + Bonus and benefits
Rutherford Cross are delighted to partner with a leading infrastructure organisation, currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the team. Not only will this role take ownership of a range of key assets that the business hold, you will also business partner stakeholders on a range of on going projects.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a finalist or newly qualified accountant that is looking to gain front line exposure to a range of technical duties, as well as take on a commercial stance within the business. You will also work closely with the head of accounts, as well as other business units.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of management accounts together with variance analysis against budget and underlying financial model for use by funders and shareholders, highlighting any departures from model thought to warrant further attention.
- Preparation of annual budgets for the individual companies and group.
- Periodic updates of project financial models and the running of sensitivities on these models on an ad-hoc basis.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts with consolidated accounts for the group where required.
- Coordinating the annual audit with the external auditors.
- Liaising with tax advisors on corporation tax compliance and VAT.
- Preparing corporation tax computations for review by external advisors.
- Preparation of technical accounting papers on key accounting issues and judgments.
- Attending shareholders meeting acting as project or group accountant where required.
- Ensuring the projects tax affairs are managed efficiently with reference to the tax asset/liability of the wider group.
- Finalist level or Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or CA)
- Understanding of preparing financial statement and management accounts is advantageous
- Experience of working within a client driven environment and the ability to understand and deliver the business requirements of the business
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management, internal/external stakeholders or customers
If you would like to gain exposure to some of the biggest names within the infrastructure sector, have a passion to work in a commercial environment and work well within a team, please apply with an up to date CV. Or contact [email protected] to find out more about the role.