Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained on this confidential assignment to appoint a newly created Finance Manager position to work for a FO based in Edinburgh. The FO provides support to a high-net worth family with an investment portfolio, real estate properties and others.
This is an exciting position for a qualified accountant to join the FO where you will be given the opportunity to work with a small, focused team and will have responsibility for all core accounting duties as well as the opportunity to look at investment analysis and strategy.
This role requires discretion and confidentiality and would be ideal for an individual with ambition and tenacity but who is also happy rolling up their sleeves.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the financial and management reporting of the organisation, including consolidation
- Prepare consolidated balance sheet and cash management reports for the stakeholders
- Support the accounting and reporting of the trust with cash flow forecasting, budgeting and planning
- Ensure controls are in place for check and balance
- Liaise with financial institutions, regulatory authorities and other relevant stakeholders and service providers
- Overseeing all bank accounts
- Accounts payable and receivable including ensuring key expense items paid
- Operation of Cash Book/Purchase Ledger/Accounts Package
- Overseeing outsourced payroll processing
- Recording of all Sponsorships
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of tax returns information for tax accountants
- Support with all aspects of finance transactions including investment analysis
- Working with senior stakeholders within the organisation to provide advice on finance strategy
This role would ideally suit a qualified accountant with experience of accounts preparation who is a natural self-started and enjoys problem solving. Whilst you will benefit from a finance mentor there will be a large amount of autonomy with the role and as such you will need to demonstrate your ability to work well independently and also as part of a collaborative team. You will need to be able demonstrate your ability to challenge senior stakeholders constructively as well as operating with a commercial mindset. There is a huge potential to develop this role and progress with the organisation, however you must be comfortable with the nuts and bolts of finance from day one as well.
If successful you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.