OCO Westend Ltd is an entrepreneurial business which began their journey in 2001 as a Pizza Hut Franchise, which went on to be sold in 2011. They then opened their first Starbucks franchise in Dumfries in May 2013. Over the last 8 years they have grown to currently operating 14 Starbucks stores with a further 3 being added in April. The business has grown primarily through organic growth with additionally a small number of acquisitions. The latest year end saw the company reach the £18million turnover mark which was a 130% increase to the year previous. With employees now reaching 290, they are the top performing Starbucks Franchise in the UK.
OCOs’ locations currently cover the West and Northwest of Scotland including high street stores and drive thru outlets. Since their first Starbucks store opened in 2013, OCO have been focused on creating a sense of belonging, working hard to do the basics well to ensure a recurring customer base. OCO invests heavily in their people and their development, with a comprehensive training programme encouraging staff to become ‘coffee masters’. They currently have 134 coffee masters across 14 stores which has helped create an inspirational environment for younger people coming up through the business. This initiative has contributed significantly to them having a low staff turnover with OCO sitting at 38% when the industry average is 85%.
OCO have ambitious growth plans, looking to add another minimum 10 Starbucks stores over the next 12-18 months as well as expanding out into convenience food chains with plans currently in place to own exclusive rights to this new brand for the West of Scotland and Ireland. They are actively looking at potential locations as part of a wider pipeline for growth. OCO have aspirations to be a £100m turnover business in the next 5 years.
This is an exciting, progressive opportunity for a talented finance professional with the desire to play a key role in an organisation’s ambitious growth journey. It is crucial that the appointed person has the ability to influence the business and ensure robust decision making through the provision of accurate analysis and insight of the financials. The individual will be a key sounding board for the CEO and an integral part of the leadership team, helping to grow the business and gaining exposure to a highly entrepreneurial scale up environment.
- Develop a close working relationship with the CEO and wider team, being a trusted advisor and being integral to the growth of the business through sound financial stewardship
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across the business, being a key support with decision making and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Overall management of the company’s accounting function and finance team
- Identifying system and process improvements, implementing, and driving these changes
- Ensuring robust financial controls and risk management frameworks are in place
- Ongoing review and development of monthly reporting, preparing and presenting financial information which will include analysis and supporting commentary and can aid with key decision making
- Effecting budgeting and forecasting
- Assessment and diligence of any new acquisitions including financial modelling
- Being aware of and addressing the impact of any technical financial and legal regulation updates and standards
- Build solid working partnerships with external advisors and bank
Key candidate requirements
- An experienced, commercial and appropriately qualified finance professional with a proven track record of success
- A driven, consistent achiever, who thrives in a high growth, entrepeneurial environment
- Degree qualified with relevant accountancy qualification ie ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and influencing skills across a range of levels including Board and Senior stakeholders
- Ability to develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships across the business
- Highly commercially astute with significant experience in influencing commercial decision making
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experienced in developing financial modelling and forecasting
- Systems and process orientated, ability to streamline processes, bring about cohesion and drive forward changes
- Strong leadership capabilities
Salary in region of £75-90,000 DOE and will include an attractive wider financial package commensurate with the background and experience required for the role.
Other benefits include:
- 28 days annual leave
- BUPA healthcare
- On-site gym
- On-site free parking