Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by the R&A to appoint a Finance Business Partner.
In recent years, the R&A has experienced both considerable and positive change, evidenced by the increase in employee headcount from 120 to 240. This positive change has included the review of not only the commercial activity of the organisation and how that is contributing to the development of golf worldwide, but the assessment of various systems and processes internally.
This is a high-profile role where the candidate will have a direct impact on driving the future of some of the world’s most iconic golf championships by working closely with a number of key teams across the business. Reporting to the Championship Accountant, the person in this role will be directly responsible for decision support and preparing strategic financial plans, annual budgets and rolling forecasts. The role will involve financial planning and analysis, business partnering and financial modelling.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead finance representative for AIG Women’s British Open (“WBO”).
- Supporting the Championship Accountant with finance activities related to The Open and The Senior Open.
- Finance business partner for our Commercial and Championships teams, including representing finance at meetings.
- Supporting the Championship Accountant in the preparation of a 5-year strategic financial plan, annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Working with our Championship and Commercial teams to build strategic financial models to assist decision making process.
- Working with our Championship and Commercial teams to monitor operational spend versus budget for WBP and Open, identifying areas of risk and opportunity.
- Analysing and explain current and historic financial performance, providing effective challenge to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are achieved.
- Prepare and deliver detailed and accurate financial plans to stakeholders across the business.
- Providing analytical support such as the evaluation of new commercial initiatives.
- Develop, apply and report KPIs against which strategic success can be measured.
- Taking an active role in the implementation of a new finance system (transition from Sage to NetSuite) for the business.
- Designing, preparing and presenting management information packs.
- Overseeing the coding of all expenses related to professional championships.
Qualifications and experience:
- Fully qualified accountant (CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Background with the profession or within a similar role in industry
- Production of financial reports and reporting against key performance indicators
- Strong business partner with excellent communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Dynamic individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Able to respect confidentiality and show discretion
- Demonstrates initiative, drive and resilience
First round interviews are with the retained advisors Rutherford Cross.
Please note any direct or third-party applications will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.