Rutherford Cross is delighted to partner with a well-known brand to appoint a Finance Business Partner to their Glasgow office. This opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion.
The role reports directly to the Divisional FC and this represents a great opportunity for an ambitious, commercially minded qualified accountant to step into a stakeholder-focused role in a large business that offers significant progression opportunities. Ideally, my client is looking to appoint a first mover from one of the big 4/large mid-tier firm.
- Responsible for helping to shape and grow a business unit, setting up new processes and controls, challenging ways of working and being the commercial lead providing guidance and clear challenge to the Unit Lead
- Lead in the production of period-end management accounting tasks, including the integrity of financial transactions, performing detailed variance analysis, and compiling commentaries. Identifying and reporting all risks and opportunities
- Lead the preparation and compilation of comprehensive budgets and forecasts ready for inclusion in company-level financial models. Actively take part in the preparation of variance analysis and writing narratives to support plans
- Develop strong links with different sections of the business, and being a strong business partner by managing these relationships, dealing with any queries, and providing financial accounting support to the business
- Develop financial reporting and analysis that facilitates effective decision-making activity within the business
- Actively take part in all half-year and year-end accounting activities, providing support for internal and external audits, and working closely with Senior Finance leads to ensure they meet all deadlines
- Take the financial lead on business cases from initiation support through to post-investment appraisals
Salary: Up to £48,000
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market-leading opportunity and to review a comprehensive job specification please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]