Our client is a market leader in their field and has been experiencing significant expansion in the last twelve months. This has been supported by a recent refinancing which has provided a secure financial platform from which the company can achieve its future growth ambitions.
The Commercial Finance Manager is a newly created position in the Edinburgh Head Office and is a direct result of business growth. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Commercial Finance Manager is responsible for providing management information and financial analysis. Initially, the position will be supporting the Finance Director but, over time, the individual will take on more of a lead role. Therefore, it is essential that the individual is both self-sufficient and capable of developing robust and productive relationships with non-finance stakeholders, many of whom will be operating at a director level.
This role provides exposure to commercial and operational teams across the business, as well as key personal in the corporate structure. This represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional having displayed strong revenue and profit growth in recent years and, coupled with the recent successful refinancing, exposes the successful individual to a company at an exciting time of its evolution. In addition, it will provide an excellent career platform with future opportunities for personal development.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the position incorporates a blend of accounting, commercial decision support and stakeholder management requiring interaction with the Managing Director, Commercial Director, Sales Director, Group Finance and external advisors.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Overall responsibility of all financial data.
- Preparation of detailed monthly and year-end management accounts.
- Production of quarterly budgets and forecasts for a 4 year period.
- Production of accurate monthly short term cashflow forecasts.
- Use financial information to continuously monitor performance.
- Provide a range of financial information and analysis to internal customers.
- Support the Managing Director and colleagues and provide advice on the commercial / financial impact of business activities.
- Ensure all balance sheet controls are in place and a monthly control file is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with regulations e.g. VAT, accounting standards etc.
- To identify, scope and implement financial business process improvements.
- To provide a year end pack to Group for statutory accounts consolidation and to liaise with external auditors with any accounting queries.
The Commercial Finance Manager position incorporates a blend of accounting, commercial decision support and stakeholder management requiring a high calibre individual who is strong interpersonally, analytically minded, self-motivated and possesses excellent technical skills.
This role is aimed at a professionally qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience. The ideal candidate will be a strong influencer who is capable of producing insightful management information, and developing good working relationships across the business, especially in relation to non-finance business partners.
Finally, it is critical that the Finance Manager can work closely with the Finance Director. In particular, it is crucial they can take responsibility for their part of the business and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking and drive positive change.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree educated with a track record of high academic achievement.
- CA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with a relevant post-qualification experience.
- Ideally, previous experience within an industry environment.
- Sound technical accounting skills.
- Strong commercial acumen with well-developed analytical skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and produce high quality and accurate management information.
- Ability to proactively influence, motivate and support stakeholders to achieve their financial targets.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to manage competing workloads.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills across all levels of the business.
- Self-motivated and able to act on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment.
- Excellent IT skills with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business, including some travel.
Salary details: £45,000 - £50,000 + bonus/pension/healthcare