Our client, a global market leader, is seeking a high calibre, recently qualified accountant to join their Edinburgh based team. The Commercial Financial Analyst role sits in a dedicated team co-ordinating management information from across the business for presentation to the Senior Management Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate the accurate and timely reporting of company performance, including insight into variances against plan, enabling sound decision-making by the leadership team
- Contribute to monthly management reporting and ensure these are aligned to the requirements of the leadership team
- Co-ordinate the submission of the consolidated financial plan. This involves engagement with commercial finance teams to forecast key financials, understand and challenge the underlying assumptions to ensure their robustness
- Ensure financial plans are delivered. This involves the co-ordination of forecasting, ensuring that any risks to financial performance are captured and appropriately acted on in a timely manner
To apply for this role you will be 1-3 years post-qualified with strong technical accounting skills, coupled with an analytical mind set and well developed commercial acumen. You may already been operating in an industry environment, but applications are welcomed from individuals currently in the profession who are seeking a business facing role.
A summary of key skills and experience are as follows:
- Self-motivated and resilient, able to proactively identify issues and drive delivery of solutions
- Be able to drive processes by influencing both peers and superiors to meet deadlines and provide robust submissions
- Willingness and ability to speak up and challenge assumptions in order to improve accuracy of forecasts and enable better decision making
- Ability to prioritise effectively and shows focus on actions
- Good knowledge of finance systems, especially in relation to Excel
In return, you will receive a competitive financial package, a commercially focused finance role and excellent opportunities for personal development and progression within an employer of choice.
Salary Details: £37,000 - £40,000 + 10% bonus and excellent benefits