City Refrigeration Holdings (UK) Ltd is one of Scotland’s largest and most successful privately owned businesses. Inspired to positively change the facilities management industry, Willie and Susan Haughey established City Refrigeration Holdings (UK) Ltd in 1985. Their new enterprise was founded on collaboration and transparency. A ground-breaking approach took City FM from its humble beginnings to building long-term partnerships with leading retailers all over the world. City started by supplying technical services to the licensed trade, but the move into Facilities Management in 1995 significantly accelerated the business's growth.
For further information on City Refrigeration Holdings (UK) Ltd and all associated subsidiaries, please follow this link: https://www.cityfm.com/
Background to the Opportunity:
Over the last few years, City has seen sustained growth as it has capitalised on new business opportunities, significantly increasing its client portfolio, which now includes the likes of M&S, Costa Coffee, BP, Homebase, Costco and several others.
Following an internal promotion with the City Group, an opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute and stakeholder-driven individual to join the Asda team as a Commercial Accountant.
Working within the Operational Finance team you will report to the Lead Operational Business Partner supporting managed contract portfolio delivering specialist services across Retail and Distribution sites. This commercially focused role is providing business partner support to Managed Contract team and is responsible for the preparation of management accounts and financial reporting. The key purpose is to provide analysis and insight into operational cost variances across a portfolio of circa 100 specialist suppliers with spending of £25m per annum.
CFM (UK) Ltd has responsibility for the Facilities Management of circa 700 Sites in the UK.
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for key business areas
- Ensuring all month-end tasks are completed to agreed schedule and relevant deadlines are met
- Business partnering with Managed Contracts and commercial colleagues building variance analysis of delivery against budgets
- Building an understanding of the key operational drivers within key contracts
- Key involvement in annual budget process
- Maintaining control over balance sheet accounts
- Weekly and monthly reporting, developing capabilities in Power BI
- Assistance with ad hoc / project work as required by the team
For this appointment, we are ideally looking to engage early career accountants looking for an opportunity to broaden their skillset in multi-national business with a track record of staff development. There will be the opportunity for you to build relationships with stakeholders across the business and externally and you will get the chance to complete your professional examinations in a supportive and development-focused environment.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a finance environment required
- Ideally studying for professional accountancy qualification (support provided)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Good IT skills (current systems Sun 6, Sun Vision, DEPM and Epoch (City bespoke system))
- Experience in a high-volume transaction environment
- Commitment to multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact City’s retained advisor Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]