Rutherford Cross are delighted to partner with a high-profile Scottish business and appoint a Business Planning Analyst. The company is based on the outskirts of Glasgow and operates a hybrid working model.
This position is suited to an individual part-qualified and looking to continue their studies towards full qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
The Business Planning Analyst will be a valued member of the Business Planning & Analysis finance function reporting to the Business Planning & Analysis Manager. The purpose of this role is to assist in producing analytical data to enable the business to make informed decisions backed up by sound analysis. The role holder will be responsible for providing accurate and timely analytical support to the Business Planning & Analysis Manager for annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
The job, therefore, requires a confident individual with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to problem-solve, as well as strong communication skills at the various levels of the organisation.
This is a superb opportunity to join a diverse business with excellent progression pathways and opportunities to grow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide detailed and quality management information, analysis and support as required.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the monthly business performance presentation by performing the required analyses and work with relevant stakeholders to ensure the relevant commentary is included to explain performance.
- Assist the Business Planning & Analysis Manager with identifying data anomalies, trends and deviations and support the development of business cases.
- Provide data to support preparation of annual budget.
- Assist with compiling and analysing monthly rolling forecasts.
- Providing data for board papers, quarterly forecasts and ad hoc project work.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with managers across the business and meet monthly to capture and understand variants between actual results versus budget and forecast.
- Liaise with managers monthly to understand their business area and obtain the necessary data for forecasts and budgets.
- Identifying risks and seeking solutions to support service delivery and strategic decision making.
- Upload budget and reforecast figures into the financial accounts system
Qualifications and experience
The Business Planning Analyst will require to have:
- Previous experience in a Financial Analyst role.
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively problem solve and follow through to resolution
- Ability to build strong, open and communicative working relationships across all areas of the business is essential.
- Working knowledge of accounting and capital accounting processes.
- High level of working knowledge of MS Office applications, Excel in particular.
- Experience of effectively communicating to and interacting with colleagues at all levels, including senior managers
- Ability to effectively organise work and perform well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Experience in working and delivering to tight timetables
- Highly motivated and invested in self-learning with capability to support the Business Planning & Analysis Manager, The Head of Business Planning & Analysis and the wider Finance team in complex tasks and ad hoc project work.
Pension: 2% Employee / 7% Employer (auto enrolment rate)
3% Employee / 8% Employer
5% Employee / 10% Employer
8% Employee/ 12% Employer
Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory days
Working Model: Hybrid, 2 days in office, 3 days from home.
Healthcare: Private Medical for self and family
Professional Fees: Paid for one professional subscription
Working Hours:40 hours per week