Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by the Artisanal Spirits Company to appoint a newly created Management Accountant in Edinburgh.
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join ASC as their Management Accountant.
- Preparation of trial balances and corresponding management accounts for multiple group entities
- Submission of accurate, high quality and timely financial information for internal reporting
- Investigate operational variances to plan, communicate to management and advise on potential efficiencies/cost control measures.
- Preparation and accuracy of relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Tax compliance (VAT, Duty returns etc)
- Internal Control Oversight
- Maximising the use of technology to support the growth of the business
- Developing financial systems and reports for a new business area
- Provide robust analysis to support our strategic and commercial objectives, including assessments of new projects and support in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Develop a strong business partnering culture with departmental heads
- Analysis and engagement in a number of high value & business critical projects (inc capex control)
- COGS management, bottling/fulfilment operations
- Oversight and analysis on other international JV’s & subsidiaries
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assist in preparation of annual Corporation tax working papers
- Assist with Group Consolidation
- Ensure accuracy of costing models
- Development of dashboards and accounting systems & models.
- Strive to ensure continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Developing risk register and highlight any areas of risk & opportunity to the Group Financial Controller
- Treasury management and support with treasury strategy
- Development of financial reporting and internal accounting rules
This is an exciting, progressive opportunity for a talented finance professional with the desire to drive change within a company. The successful candidate will be an inquisitive and proactive individual. You will be results focused with the ability to influence whilst building strong long-term relationships with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will either be a newly qualified accountant looking to make their first move from the profession or will have qualified in industry working within a similar role. The appointed individual will report directly into the Group Financial Controller and will be required to take a hands-on approach to their varied role, where no two days are the same.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - Essential
- Strong Excel skills - Essential
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite - Desired
- Industry experience (whisky sector not essential) – Desired
- Self-starter, taking ownership responsibility
- Flexible and accountable
- Confident and being capable of creativity for problem solving
- Effective communicator and relationship builder
- Curious and detail oriented
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Multi-tasker, adaptable and able to manage deadlines well
- Thrives in a growing, changing environment and result driven
- An ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities
- Confident in decision making and judgement