- Financial Accountant
- February 2020 Start
- Temp 4 month
Background to the Opportunity
The opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join our client’s Finance Team. It is a temporary role working with a leading travel and retail business in the city centre of Edinburgh.
We are looking for a temporary contractor to help oversee our UK rail receipts and settlement process. This role is at the core of what we do and as such we need an enthusiastic switched on candidate who is confident in working with complex reconciliation processes, considering big data and triangulating the impact of postings between the profit and loss account and Balance Sheet. You will report into the UK Rail Finance Manager and help oversee the work of a part qualified and graduate accountant, offering help and guidance as part of your role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Completion of month end close process. Ensure all month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed within strict timeframes.
- Provide guidance to graduate accountant members to ensure work completed is accurate, timely and complete. Implement timely corrective actions where required.
- Preparation of complex calculations and journal entries, including multi-currency transactions.
- Where issues are identified in the reconciliation process you will own the follow up on these, including speaking to people around the business to understand and resolve
- Work closely with the London finance team to provide insight and commentary into the numbers reported and to help investigate any variances or queries
Cash & Settlements
- Assist in the reconciliation of cash receipts – together with the rest of the team
- Lead on the reconciliation of UK rail settlements to the UK rail body. Including managing the payment process and ensuring funds reach our creditors on time
- Demonstrate continuous process improvement and work with others within the business to streamline key processes.
- Great interpersonal skills to ensure a good fit with our close knit finance team and to ensure relationships can be established quickly outside of finance
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to step back and consider the big picture
- Ability to adapt and prioritise own workload
- A qualified accountant, ideally with experience of working in a month end process
- Process improvement and complex reconciliation experience would be a big added bonus
- A team player who is willing to roll their sleeves up and work as one team, helping out others as needed and expecting the same in return
- D365 experience would be advantageous
- Strong excel skills
- FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A DETAILED JOB SPEC, PLEASE APPLY -