Rutherford Cross are pleased to be partnered with one of our key clients to help appoint a Technical Accountant. This is a unique opportunity to join the Management Accounts function at a key period within the businesses growth journey. Due to the size and scope of the business there are significant opportunities to progress your career alongside varied and interesting exposure across a broad range of business units.
Our client is based in central Glasgow and offers a hybrid working model with 50% of the week WFH and the rest in the office. Alongside this there are further benefits including a generous holiday allowance and pension contribution. On offer is a salary up to 45k. This opportunity would represent an ideal first move for a newly qualified accountant seeking to transition into the commercial industry. Alternatively, if you are a strong technical accountant already in industry seeking a new challenge then this could be the one for you.
- Preparation and review of monthly lease accounting entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with Divisions globally to ensure accurate and complete lease information is accounted for in accordance with the financial accounting manual.
- Focus on process improvement – identifying inefficiencies and implementing improvement plans within the lease accounting process.
- Preparing information which will be used in US public reporting covering leases.
- Build relationships within the wider Management Accounts team, and across other regional teams.
- Build relationships with key operational figures in the business and act as an escalation point for issues.
- Help drive forward change to ensure that department and team members improve, supporting graduates and part qualified students in their development.
- Produce ad-hoc reports and completion of technical tasks for the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Manager as requested.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or to review a full job specification please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]