Rutherford Cross is excited to be working with a world leading technology firm, assisting them to hire a Tax Manager for their EMEIA tax team based in Switzerland. Reporting to the Senior Tax Director, you will oversee all aspects of income tax planning, compliance and US GAAP tax accounting for designated countries within the EMEIA region.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to join a successful and dynamic tax team, which is currently 5 strong and culturally diverse. You will be given first class training and development and the opportunity to carve out an exciting and rewarding career for yourself.
This role would suit someone with high energy levels, a proactive approach and the ability to develop sustained relationships across geographic distance and diverse cultures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with EMEIA tax team to develop tax efficient operating structures and to implement pan-European tax planning initiatives
- Monitor local country tax compliance processes (filings, payments, assessments, etc.) to ensure compliance with local legislation and company policies
- Take ownership of Corporate income tax audits for designated countries and assist as necessary in VAT, Transfer Pricing, M&A, and Reorganisation matters
- Review US GAAP tax provisions, including applicable income tax reserve and valuation allowance positions, of each legal entity on a quarterly basis
- Review the annual US GAAP Provision-to-Return true-up analysis for each legal entity and comply with annual reporting disclosure requirements
- Update tax planning models to forecast the utilization of tax attributes and changes in tax positions
- University degree in Business or Economics with further qualification as a Certified tax expert or equivalent background
- 5 to 7 years tax experience in a public accounting firm or a multinational enterprise
- International tax planning and transfer pricing skill set
- Previous experience with income tax accounting under US GAAP, IFRS
- Fluency in ENGLISH is essential, German or other European languages appreciated
- Ability to work with OneSource Tax Provision software a plus
** Due to immigration restrictions, candidates must have the right to live / work in the EU **
In return, you will receive a generous compensation package including salary of CHF 140-150,000 plus bonus potential of up to CHF 30,000.