Rutherford Cross is delighted to be exclusively working in partnership with Peak Scientific, to recruit a Tax and Treasury Manager.
Peak Scientific is a leading innovator in the design, manufacture and support of high performance gas generators for analytical laboratories. Established in the UK in 1997 near Glasgow, where its corporate Headquarters and high-tech manufacturing and R&D facilities reside, Peak Scientific boasts a significant local presence on every continent.
The Tax and Treasury Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the UK and Group corporation tax affairs including all aspects of tax compliance and tax reporting under IFRS
- Prepare the UK and Group tax figures included in group management accounts, budgets & forecasts
- Manage annual tax processes around R&D and patent box claims
- Work closely with the overseas and UK accounting teams to ensure all global compliance regulations are met
- Responsibility for the UK VAT returns and corresponding VAT audits
- Oversee the implementation of transfer pricing globally, providing guidance and support as required
- Liaise with external advisors on legal entity reviews and legal entity set-up around compliance issues / risks and banking requirements
- Manage the personal tax return process for the company owners
- Keep abreast of changing tax laws and requirements to develop proposals for ensuring the business remains tax efficient and compliant
Manage the day to day banking requirements across the Group ensuring appropriate structure, users’ setups, and access
- Develop a global cash flow forecasting process, and take ownership
- Review Group cash flow reports, including review and analysis of cash projections submitted by the Group entities and utilising this information to derive Treasury management including cash resource management around the group
- Responsible for developing and implementing a global FX accounting policy
- Analysis of transactional and translational FX gains/losses within financial accounts, including monthly validation of P&L, and validation of accounting treatments.
- Reconciliation of UK bank accounts
- Intercompany funding, including maintenance of loan statements, interest calculations, accruals, loan documentation, settlements, and reconciliations
- Dividend management across the group
- Lead, develop and manage the tax and treasury assistant to ensure the delivery of all key deliverables
Key Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will be CA/ACCA/CTA qualified with a proven track record in tax compliance and accounting. This is a key role within the finance team, and you will be required to work with senior stakeholders, therefore excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are essential. You will be highly motivated and capable of driving plans forward with minimal supervision.
This job would suit a tax professional who has strong corporate tax experience and has worked with companies and consolidated groups. Exposure to international tax accounting and transfer pricing is desirable, as is a working knowledge of treasury management.
To apply, or have a confidential discussion about the job, please contact retained advisor Amy Peoples T: 07494280152 or E: [email protected].