Rutherford Cross are delighted to be working with a Renewable Energy company in Edinburgh, who are developing, constructing, and operating renewable assets in the UK. Our client, who currently operate nearly 800MW of wind energy and storage facilities, is in the market for a Tax Accountant to join a small in-house tax team in Edinburgh city centre.
Overview of the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of accurate and complete tax compliance and reporting, while contributing to the continuous improvement of the systems and processes of the tax function as well as the integration of new businesses in to the existing tax function.
- Delivery of the tax compliance requirements of the business including VAT, corporation tax, Corporate Interest Restriction, Corporate Criminal Offence.
- Provide oversight and input on employment tax processes and controls
- Co-ordinating the day to day activities of the tax function
- Assist in developing, implementing and operating the groups tax reporting and budgeting process
- Assist in the movement toward a digital tax function with particular focus on Making Tax Digital
- Assist with integrating newly acquired businesses
- Contribute to systems and process improvement
- Assist in preparing the business for new and evolving tax legislation and case law
- Work as part of the finance team and actively contribute to the teams discussions, goals and objectives
- Adapt and take on new roles and responsibilities as the business grows and changes
The successful candidate will be ACA, CTA or equivalent qualification, with post-qualification experience within a large accounting firm and/or within industry. You will demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels and across business functions. Ideally, you will have both corporation tax and VAT knowledge and experience, as well as experience using SAP financials or similar ERP systems.
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.