Rutherford Cross is working with a global business who are well established and have a strong international presence to recruit for a Systems and Projects Finance Manager. This role will be an integral part of the finance team and will report directly into the Finance Director. The main focus of the role will be having responsibility for developing systems and processes to ensure the effective and efficient processing of financial and non-financial data and to further extend the range of management tools and reports used to inform the business. Another core aspect will be supporting the role out of a new ERP system.
A summary of some of the key duties are below:
- Collaborating with finance, budget holders and IT to understand and identify function and business requirements
- Ensure the design and implementation delivers internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Test systems design and performance, identifying system issues and process inefficiency and suggest improvements required
- Produce professional documentation of systems requirements, processes and polices, including implementation and testing plans and training manuals
- Develop and train the finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function
- Work with the finance team and budget holders to design and develop both internal and external management reporting to better inform the business
- On an ongoing basis, support any system upgrades considering finance requirements as well as ensuring the internal control systems are maintained.
For this role the company are ideally looking for a fully qualified accountant and it will suit a candidate with advanced accounting systems skills with strong exposure to working with ERP systems. The role will involve using business knowledge and information gathered to design financial reporting, processes and internal control requirements, therefore having previous experience in this area is key. On offer is a salary of up to £65,000 and flexibility around the working week.