Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with a rapidly growing NASDAQ listed business to help them appoint a Senior Testing Analyst. This is a newly created position in line with the company’s growth and reports into the Assistant Controller for the whole of Europe who manages and leads the testing across Europe. They have offices in 14 countries and 7 finance teams in Europe. On offer is a hybrid working model and a competitive package.
Ideally, for this position we are looking to speak with those who have a minimum 4 years within an audit/controls environment and who have an accountancy qualification (ICAS/ACCA/CIMA). There are significant opportunities to progress within the business you will get exposure to international business with a focus on your growth and development. The business has recently landed in Australia and has grown from 0-40 heads in a short period. There is the opportunity to travel internationally within this role and gain team management responsibilities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for timely execution of assessment activities primarily related to management’s assessment of the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting. You will demonstrate ability to identify risks and controls within a business process as well as identifying gaps and/or areas for improvement. Lead test of control design meetings with the business and external auditors. Clearly communicate findings and recommendations to process owners across the organisation and follow up on agreed remediation activities. May be asked to lead staff in completing assigned tasks or projects, review work of others as assigned by management and project manage work of the team to ensure successful timely completion. Participate in control improvement projects as assigned.
The successful applicant should possess the following: -
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently from home for part of the working week as part of hybrid working model
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field; master’s degree in accounting or a related field a plus
- Minimum 4 years of audit and/or SOX compliance experience; recent public accounting experience a plus
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Must be able to identify risks and evaluate internal controls for effectiveness
- Must have strong interpersonal skills that enable collaboration with internal and external teams
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, as well as experience working closely with management personnel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access)
- Occasional travel may be required – approx. 10%
- Financial services industry or public company experience is a plus
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]