Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained again by Arjowiggins in Aberdeen to recruit a Senior Management Accountant for their site in Stoneywood.
Arjowiggins prides itself on producing fine and custom made-papers that extends back to 1770. The business has Anglo-French roots and has grown into a leading paper manufacturer with a global reach. The business has nearly 250 years of experience, knowledge and skill to the most advance technologies available in the industry. The business has two historic paper mills in the UK, the biggest being in Aberdeen and the other in Kent. The business employs over 800 people and has two mills in China and Spain, it also has offices in France, Italy and the Middle East.
The business has recently gone through an MBO with the new company being renamed as Arjowiggins Group Ltd which will be headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland. Scottish Enterprise has partnered with the business and is set to invest heavily in the Aberdeen site. Arjowiggins is a name synonymous with paper manufacturing with prestigious brands such as Conqueror, Curious Collection, Rives, Pop’Set and Keakolour. It is also the leader in the tracing paper market under the Gateway brand and also manufacturers security documents and Powercoast for printed electronics.
A Senior Management Accountant role has become available to bolster the senior finance function in Aberdeen and is responsible for preparing, collating and reporting statutory financial and management information for AW Scotland and the wider AW group.
The Senior Management Accountant will be part of the core UK Finance team and report directly into the Finance Manager on site in Aberdeen. This will be a high-profile focused role with extensive improvement on financial information for the senior management team.
The individual will also be involved in group wide projects will need to be able to work in a high paced, manufacturing environment.
The Senior Management Accountant will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Take a leading role in the preparation and reporting of the monthly management accounts through the monthly pack, investigating variances to budget and providing reasoned comments where necessary for Finance Manager review and ultimate distribution across the senior management team
- Complete a comprehensive review of all Balance Sheet items on a monthly basis to ensure all movements in balances and provisions are correctly treated and maintained in a timeous manner
- Take a leading role in the preparation of balance sheet schedules for month end and statutory audit purposes
- Ensure all intercompany balances with other Group entities are maintained and reconciled
- Be an important point of contact for year-end auditors, deal with queries and requests for information where necessary
- Prepare year-end tax information for inclusion in the Corporation Tax assessment and others such as PSA P11D returns
- Co-ordinate the creation and entry of all other statutory and management information required by Group
- Upload AW Scotland monthly management accounts into the group consolidation model (currently FUN) in line with the pre-determined timetable. Extract information from JDE for translation and upload. Correct all blocking errors, process late adjustments after initial upload and reconcile intercompany balances within group companies
- Responsible for the reconciliation of reports from the group consolidation model (currently FUN) to JDE accounting records, specifically for fixed assets and other balances
- Preparation of various reports for use in across the business, specifically for sales data, currency statistics and other KPI’s
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of VAT returns for AW Scotland and AW Chartham Limited (presently done at the Basingstoke Office). This would include EC Sales returns and Intrastat returns where applicable
- Complete other returns such as National Statistics surveys and the like
- Develop and maintain appropriate capital expenditure monitoring for AW Scotland
- Participate in the creation of the budget, plans and forecasts and entry through the consolidation model
- Support, where required, the Finance Managers to ensure consistent, accurate reports and overall statutory compliance
- Review and update all internal and external reporting, ensuring that the content and format meets the requirements of recipients
- Deputise for the Stoneywood Mill Finance Manager in his absence, attending management meetings where necessary
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Experience of developing outstanding relationships across the businesses
- A background in organisations or environments with a high degree of complexity, ideally international experience
- A proven relationship builder with the ability to increase co-operation across departments and sites
- A strong academic track record
- Professionally qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with PQE consummate with a role at this level of responsibility
- Knowledgeable on current accounting standards and any proposed changes that are applicable to the business
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to workload
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence key members of senior management
- Ability to assess and drive business improvement projects
- Excellent IT skills, with a proven track record in optimising finance systems- it would be highly advantages to have experience of JDE, SAP or similar ERP system
A competitive package is on offer with the role- to discuss/review a full position profile please contact the retained adviser John Ramsay