Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with a fast-growing, successful business based in Glasgow city centre to recruit a Senior Management Accountant.
As the business continues to grow and diversify so too does the need to continuously improve and have robust and effective management reporting, systems and processes in place to run efficiently and effectively. The role is responsible for the management reporting of trading companies within the group.
The organisation represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated and proven finance leader who wants to work in a high growth business environment. In addition, the company will provide a firm career platform with good opportunity for personal and professional development as well as the mandate to shape and define how the finance function evolves. It is envisaged that over time this role will develop and grow and therefore it is key that applicants are flexible and adaptable to those changes.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business which is leading the way in its field and to contribute to its future success by playing a key role in its journey.
The Senior Management Accountant is a key member of the Asset Management Finance team, supporting the Financial Controller. The successful candidate will deliver accurate and high-quality management information whilst taking a pro-active approach to continuously improving accounting procedures.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Production of timely and reliable management information reports, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Monitoring of costs including liaison with budget holders
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and processes and suggesting improvements where needed
- Line management of two members of staff; one assistant management accountant and one finance assistant
- Playing an integral part in the implementation of new ERP system (Microsoft D365)
- Assist in the preparation of the year end accounts and provision of audit information
- Supporting the business in delivery of its strategic objectives, building strong relationships with operational managers and dealing with queries
- Undertake ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Take a pro-active approach to the continuous improvement of financial processes and procedures
- Providing support and cover for other finance team members when required
It is critical that the Senior Management Accountant can effectively support the Financial Controller whilst taking a pro-active approach to continuously improving accounting procedures.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- High calibre graduate with a good track record of academic achievement
- Fully qualified accountant with appropriate post-qualification experience
- Experience of implementing robust financial controls, processes and procedures
- Ability to develop high quality management information to support decision making
- Excellent analytical skills and financial modelling experience
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in relation to Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Confident communicator at every level, with strong inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated, organised and capable of progressing in the business over time
- Committed individual, displaying drive, ambition, and professionalism
- Flexible to travel to other subsidiary sites as required
Basic Salary: £42,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on experience
Pension: 3-5% matched company contribution
Healthcare: Private medical cover (personal)
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days per year plus 8 statutory days
Working Hours: 38.75 per week