Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with a leading global technology business based in Edinburgh to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant into their growing.
Purpose of the Role
This newly created role is to the support the Edinburgh based Financial Controller in their delivery of a robust month end process, including timely production of all corporate and statutory reporting requirements. This role will require close working relationships with other department heads, including the London and Paris finance teams. The role will be fast paced with changing demands and plenty of opportunity to get involved in one off projects and new challenges.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Management of month end close process. Ensure all month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed within strict timeframes.
- Provide guidance to junior team members to ensure work completed is accurate, timely and complete. Implement timely corrective actions where required.
- Prepare group and individual entity month end balance sheet reviews.
- Preparation of complex calculations and journal entries, including multi-currency transactions.
- Completion of complex balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review of routine revenue, COS, overhead journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other team and group finance members.
- Transition of additional transactional based processes into Edinburgh Finance Team.
- Reconciliation of month end actuals to MI and MA reporting.
Cash & Settlements
- Management of UK, EU & ROW carrier accounting entries and cash settlement processes.
- Proactively work with business stakeholders to forecast key cost and cash drivers, on an ongoing basis.
- Oversight of daily banking and cash management process.
- Work closely with London finance team to ensure a robust daily cash flow forecasting model is in place.
- Timely escalation of any unexpected patterns or under/over recoveries.
Statutory Reporting & Compliance
- Review of group UK VAT return. Ensure return is accurate and complete with key balances substantiated. Work with tax advisors to ensure industry updates are assessed and implemented.
- Key contact point of contact for external and internal audit visits. Collation of interim and year end audit requirements.
Process & Controls Champion
- Proactively work with other key business stakeholders to define and implement new financial reporting processes that are well controlled and provide insightful commercial information.
- Microsoft Dynamic D365 process champion. Pro-actively build knowledge of internal financial reporting tools and champion product capabilities to wider finance team.
- Implement (where required), review and update process documentation to ensure internal controls framework remains robust, accurate and complete.
- Management of x direct reports.
To be considered for the role:
- Qualified CA/ACCA with up to 4+ PQ years’ industry experience, with strong financial accounting/ month end close experience.
- Experience operating with an enterprise wide, integrated finance system across multiple business units.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and developing a small team.
- Decisive and confident in operating autonomously on a regular basis, positive, self-reliant, open-minded and enthusiastic attitude. Confident in a fast paced, change environment.
- Very strong interpersonal skills including excellent leadership, staff management and with the ability to motivate and enthuse staff, facilitating their work both as part of the team and under their own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Advanced Excel skills
This is an excellent opportunity to move into a growing progressive organisation which will enable you to develop your career.