Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered with a global services company in order to appoint a Senior Finance Business Partner. The purpose of this role will be to provide support across the full range of Finance department activities as well as to assist the senior finance team in their periodic and ad-hoc tasks.
This role will report to the Finance Controller and will require the post-holder to be in close contact with business colleagues of all levels across the business. Therefore, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team is a requirement. Ideally, we are looking to speak with qualified accountants who have proven experience in an accounting role and have a strong awareness of financial control and working within a robust financial structure.
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £50k (dependent on experience), enhanced annual leave and pension and other generous benefits including discounted travel.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, financial reporting and contributing to Board Pack
- Provision of a high standard of accounting operations and control
- Assistance with completion of various month end, quarter end and year end reporting packages to Group Finance in Germany
- To assist with management reporting to relevant parties
- Pro-actively contribute to decision support and analysis
- Investigate variances and providing clear and detailed analysis and explanations to queries
- Assist with annual budgeting and monthly forecasting and KPI reporting and analysis
- Participation in Finance Projects, from project initiation to go live
- Establish strong working relationships with senior management, auditors, clients and other parties as appropriate
- Assist with audits, regulatory internal and external and assist with statutory and regulatory reporting
- Assist with preparation of monthly client profitability scheme
- Supporting Financial Controller and ad-hoc projects for Finance Director
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS financial reporting frameworks
- An ability to self-manage, motivate and work on your own initiative
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and manage workload efficiently
- Excellent organisation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive within a fast-moving environment with a minimum of supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Teams
- Experience of working with SAP accounting system
- Experience of Power BI would be advantageous
- The ability to investigate a problem or situation beyond routine questioning
- Competitive salary of up to £50k (dependent on experience)
- 33 days annual leave
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Discounted travel – season train ticket and city centre car parking
- & other employee perks
For more information on the role please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross.