Rutherford Cross is working with a leading asset management company to appoint a Product Tax Manager or a Product Tax Assistant Manager to work in the Edinburgh office.
The postholder will play a key role in managing the product and investment tax affairs of the business.
- Provide a comprehensive tax advisory service to the EMEA and UK funds, with input as required to the wider international fund range
- Provide effective tax input and support to the product, investments and operational teams on fund and investment issues.
- Assist the business in understanding and monitoring the tax impact and requirements for distributing and investing in new and existing territories to ensure that tax risks and opportunities are identified, and tax obligations for the product range are met.
- Provide effective and timely communication to the business of the impact of any changes to product and investment taxes identifying potential opportunities and risks.
- Coordinate the business and third party outsource providers, and manage external tax advisors to ensure effective oversight of specific tax reporting and filing services for the fund range, investors and investments as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain internal tax policies in relation to investment taxes and procedures and coordinating with colleagues globally on such matters, where appropriate
The role holder will work closely with the senior product tax managers to develop the tax strategy for product and investment taxes and management of risk. The role will also require the individual to develop strong working relationships with external suppliers and other advisors.
This position would suit a proactive, flexible individual with experience in the asset management industry. A professional qualification would be preferable buut candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.
The role offers a highly attractive package.
For more information or to have a confidential discussion please contact Eleanor Turner on 07799 462326 / [email protected]