Newly Qualified Accountant – Glasgow (hybrid) – Competitive (DOE)
Rutherford Cross are delighted to be working in partnership with a global energy business to appoint a newly qualified Accountant. This is a rare opportunity to join a recognisable brand name in a position that offers vast career development, an excellent working culture and significant progression opportunities. They are based in Glasgow but have offices all over the world and offer a highly flexible & hybrid working pattern and a market leading benefits package.
Ideally, we are looking for newly/recently qualified accountants from either practice or industry. Happy to consider big 4/mid-tier from practice. If you are due to qualify in August/September coming this would represent a great opportunity for you. This role represents an ideal first step into industry from practice and our client have a track record of promoting staff and very low staff turnover. There is also the opportunity to work internationally.
This role offers broad exposure across group accounting, process improvement, reporting and controls and the primary function of the role is to support the Group Accounting Manager.
Process & Group Accounting
- Ensure a good working understanding of the relevant business systems feeding into the general ledger and related accounting models
- Challenge and influence performers of existing and proposed business processes to identify and deliver efficiency benefits
- Assist with specific process change initiatives/projects and ensuring that issues are escalated to management where appropriate
- Implement process changes, helping ensure that all business users of any new processes are adequately briefed and trained
- Update processes and procedures documents clearly and concisely and maintaining it thereafter
- Monitor the success of process changes post-implementation and act as appropriate
Maintain and demonstrate a good technical accounting knowledge to help ensure that:
- Any developments are accurately and efficiently reflected in the general ledger and related accounting models
- The implications of any changes to the financial statements are fully understood and clearly explained to management
- Prepare designated statutory disclosure information accurately and efficiently within group timescales
- Analyse key accounting behaviours across the group through preparation of a monthly “dashboard” report metrics and taking action as appropriate to resolve any issues
- Perform ongoing reviews of key accounts across the group e.g., aged GRNs, manual provisions and accruals, fixed assets including those under construction and ensure the completeness of bad debt postings
- Prepare group and entity level Balance Sheet analytical reviews where appropriate
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity or to view a comprehensive job specification, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]