Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Neogen to appoint a Management Accountant.
Neogen provides a comprehensive range of solutions and services for the food processing, animal protein and agriculture industries, not only helping to protect the world’s food supply, but also enabling their customers to produce more efficiently and effectively than they could before.
With a wide-ranging portfolio across food safety, animal safety, life sciences, and genomics, providing a product or service is only part of the journey — Neogen believe we’re all in this together and their partnerships make them and their industries stronger.
Most recently, in September 2022, Neogen announced that it had completed its merger with 3M’s Food Safety business to create an innovative leader in the food safety sector with a comprehensive product range and a strategic focus on the category’s long-term growth opportunities.
Based in beautiful offices at a country estate near Ayr, the team supports the European, Middle Eastern, African and Indian (EMEAI) territories for Neogen Corporation, a top performing NASDAQ listed business employing over 2,000 people worldwide. Hybrid working and flexibility are now embedded in the way Neogen do business.
About The Role:
Neogen is seeking to recruit a Management Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a fast-paced, acquisitive, growing business. In this newly created role, the post-holder will take ownership of all management accounting and financial reporting for Neogen Ireland and Neogen Italia.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the financial management and administration of the Bray site and other group companies, including Neogen Ireland and Neogen Italia
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the business ensuring they are compiled using acceptable accounting practices, with appropriate commentary, accurately and not later than the 4th working day of the month
- During the transitional period, process breakdown and reconcile the Settlement Statement received from Neogen
- Ensure that the accounting systems are accurate and provide a high standard of internal control. This should include; sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash-flow management and maintenance of all financial ledgers, including postings, control account checks and reconciliations
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations as part of the management accounts review pack
- Review and update the existing financial management system, whilst considering the projected needs of a rapidly evolving business. Ensure all key processes are documented both from an efficiency point and internal control. This includes the implementation of SAP into the Bray site in the future
- Assist with the annual audit, being the first point of contact with any audit queries for the site
- Prepare analytical reports as required by the senior management. Implement a pro-active program of providing key reports to management
- Prepare reports for and participate in monthly management meetings with the Neogen Corporation as required
- Liaise as required with the Accounting Department at Neogen Corporation. This includes preparing specific reports for Neogen
- Prepare annual budgets in collaboration with Neogen Europe directors and staff and with Neogen Corporation
- Assist with the assessment of the commercial viability of capital expenditure projects and new business opportunities
- Actively seek out, recommend and drive the implementation of opportunities to improve efficiency and profitability
- Provide assistance to other members of the Finance team as required
- Prepare, review and file all relevant tax returns in a timely manner
The Management Accountant position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent organisational, interpersonal and technical skills. Given the growth of the business, the role requires someone committed to continuous improvement who wants to help drive efficiencies and improve performance.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualified Accountant (CA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate and timely results
- Deadline focused and willing to put in the effort to ensure these are met
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management and internal / external stakeholders
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
For more information on this opportunity and about remuneration please contact Neogen’s retained advisor, Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]