Location: Glasgow (hybrid)
Reporting to: Lead Management Accountant
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with one of our key clients in order to appoint a Management Accountant. The Management Accountant will work within the Operational Finance team and provide support to the Lead Management Accountant as well as supporting the Retail and Distribution operational teams. This business partner role is involved in the preparation of management accounts and financial reporting, providing analysis and insight of operational cost variances.
This is a great opportunity to join an engaging finance team with a huge focus on colleague development, process improvement and involvement in system rollout. On offer is a competitive package along with full-study support provided. This role will suit a Part-Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), who wants to join a growing and interesting business where they can finish their studies and develop their careers within the business.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for key business areas
- Ensuring all month end tasks are completed to agreed schedule and relevant deadlines are met
- Business partnering with operations colleagues
- Building an understanding of the key contracts
- Maintaining control over balance sheet accounts
- Weekly and monthly reporting, developing capabilities in Power BI
- Assisting the Lead Management Accountant with ad-hoc/project work as required
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a finance environment required
- Ideally studying for professional accountancy qualification (support provided)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in a high-volume transaction environment
- Commitment to multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to process improvement within team
For more information on this position please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross.