Job Title: Management Accountant
Salary: up to £40k (depending on experience)
Location: East Kilbride
Reports to: CFO
Hero Brands is a highly successful, family-owned multifaceted business, responding to emerging consumer trends and building fast-casual brands of the future. With a network of experienced multi-unit franchise operators, they can move at pace and quickly launch brands to a global consumer audience. All their brands have been chosen and developed to offer quality and innovation to a diverse and discerning global audience.
Headquartered in East Kilbride, the Food & Beverage division currently operates across 4 main brands with the portfolio set to expand over the next 12 to 18 months. The most well-known brand is German Doner Kebab which has taken Europe and the Middle East by storm with restaurants thriving in the UK, Europe, Middle East with rapid expansion targeted across numerous new territories including the recent openings in North America.
The UK trading operation is owned and managed by United Brands Ltd, the master franchise holder for GDK in the UK, and has seen significant growth over the past 2 years, recently opening its 100th restaurant. As part of a rapid expansion plan, 78 new restaurants are set to open in the UK during 2022, building on the 39 opened during 2021.
Now employing more than 4,000 people across the UK, GDK has a development pipeline of 400 franchise units over the next seven years and has delivered a 75% increase in total sales, compared to the previous 12 months.
The position of Management Accountant with Hero Brands has been created in response to the increased demand across the business and is a wide encompassing role, looking after 4 entities across the Hero Brands portfolio.
The Management Accountant will take ownership of the day-to-day processing whilst also collating and analysing trading data to support commercial business decisions alongside accurate financial reporting. This is a highly visible role working directly to the CFO.
Given the exposure of the position, it is essential that the individual has the ability to build effective and robust working relationships within finance and across all departments of the company. The post holder will possess a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for their duties and, also having a willingness to support the CFO on key objectives if required.
The main duties of the management accountant include:
- Processing all Purchase Ledger Invoices / Credits including entry onto the financial system / document management systems
- Paying suppliers invoices on due dates & update ledgers
- Reconciling supplier accounts to statements.
- Downloading Monthly Turnover and invoice all Royalty & Marketing Fees
- Invoicing fees in line with Franchise Development agreements
- Invoicing all stock supplied to supplier / franchise partners
- Chasing overdue amounts
- Downloading Bank Statement and Import to Accounts Package and update supplier and customer accounts – Daily
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Reconciling all Control Accounts at Month End and provide schedules for all control accounts.
- Posting monthly journals
- Checking bank accounts for sign off by Finance Manager
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Assisting in the preparation of the Profit and loss and balance sheet reports
- Assisting in the Investigation and explanation of variances in the Management Accounts
- Weekly cash projections
- Supporting budget and forecast preparation
- Liaising with suppliers / resolve all queries on a weekly basis
- Analysing / other duties as required
Salary: Up to £40,000 (depending on experience)
Pension: Employee contribution 2% and employer 3%
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Holidays: 20 days holiday plus statutory holidays
The Recruitment Process:
Initial interviews are with our retained consultant, Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross.
Second stages will involve meeting the Hero Brands CFO and Commercial Finance Director
Final stages will involve meeting the Group CFO
All third-party applications, enquiries and direct approaches to Hero Brands will be referred to Rutherford Cross.