Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with a global business to appoint a Management Accountant in Port Glasgow. Reporting directly to the Finance Director this represents an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a growing business at a key point in its growth trajectory.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with qualified accountants based in West Scotland who have previously worked in a business that deals with tangible goods (manufacturing, engineering, FMCG sectors). However, they are also open to considering a first mover from practice, part-qualified or an alternative sector background if an individual has the motivation and ambition to become a key part of the finance team.
Responsibilities include assisting with the preparation of the annual budget, annual audit and supporting the company’s international growth. This position will also interact with other departments to initiate and execute process improvements and other projects as assigned.
- Analyse and report on Revenue, Cost of Sales, and Gross Margin
- Analyse and report on stock holding, stock provision and stock forecast
- Variance Analysis: Identify and explain key drivers
- Review and verify product costing
- Develop and maintain reports and/or Excel workbooks and reporting templates to improve reporting and analysis
- Prepare journal entries, assist in financial statement preparation and analysis, including accounting for international operations and intercompany eliminations; assist in providing schedules and commentary for Management Reporting
- Budgeting & Forecasting – Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, with a focus on Sales, Cost of Sales, gross margin, and stock
- Prepare assigned year-end audit schedules; research and resolve auditor questions
- Other projects and tasks as needed
For an initial confidential discussion and further information regarding this market-leading opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross.