Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with one of Scotland’s foremost high-end manufacturing businesses to help them appoint a Management Accountant. The business is about to go through a period of significant growth following significant investment both in production and operational capacity, alongside a brand-new head office based between Glasgow & Paisley. Salary up to 45k.
Ideally, we are looking for a part qualified/ or recently qualified accountant that has experience within the manufacturing/FMCG/construction/engineering sectors (any business that produces goods not service providers). There is study support on offer for this position.
The role itself will involve preparing, distributing and assisting to produce accurate financial and management accounting information on which financial decisions are based, as well as having an active involvement in partnering with other departments across the business to develop and improve ways of working.
- Support the delivery of financial plans through preparation and distribution of accurate weekly and monthly management reports.
- Analyse financial performance and liaise with operational stakeholders to establish the cause of forecast variances when comparing to actual results. Ensure commentary is clear, concise and accurate and provides insight to non-finance stakeholders.
- Maintain tight control of financial performance through preparation of accurate and timely quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Actively promote a continuous improvement culture by monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements to improve effectiveness.
- Support to the main business process functions for daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and reporting, and ad hoc requirements.
- Undertake financial control activities and support the wider business control framework to ensure risks within financial processes are mitigated. This includes coordination of monthly stock takes.
- Maintain control over balance sheet accounts ensuring accurate and substantiated reconciliations are prepared.
- Support the external audit as appropriate, assisting in the preparation of year end audit files and statutory financial reports including completion of the annual corporation tax pack.
- Provide ad hoc financial support to other departments as required.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]