Rutherford Cross is excited to be working with a highly reputable, Glasgow based business to recruit a Management Accountant. This role has been newly created due to continued growth.
The position incorporates a combination of technical accounting and stakeholder management requiring interaction with the divisional and group finance teams, operational departments, clients and external advisors.
Key to the role is preparation of management accounts and reports and maintaining control over balance sheet accounts.
- Responsibility for achieving internal and external deadlines
- Work closely with the Senior Management Accountant and Financial Controller to ensure department targets are achieved
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and customer reports
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Responsibility for coding and categorising costs (E.g. capex & extra to contract) to meet customer requirements
- Responsibility for P&L and Balance Sheet with day to day control
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
- Preparation and submission of weekly cash flow
- Respond to requests for information and analysis from operations colleagues
- Deal with ad hoc customer requests within required deadlines
- Prepare audit files and assist external auditors during fieldwork
- Review management accounts against budget and produce commentary on variances
- Produce financial reports for key stakeholders – including P & L, divisional and client financial information and commentary, and other ad hoc reports – as required
- Liaise with group finance teams to agree intercompany recharges and balances
- Continuous process improvement
- Support and train team members
- Deputise for the Senior Management Accountant when required
- Part qualified or newly qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or CA) preferably with experience gained in a busy finance department
- Experience in a comparable finance role or an outstanding candidate ready for the next step.
- Experience of working within a client driven environment and the ability to understand and deliver the business requirements of our clients.
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management, internal/external stakeholders or customers
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, particularly of MS Excel
- Ability to work with large volumes of data to produce meaningful and structured reports and support finance team in the same.
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
- Pension: 5% company contribution
- Life Cover: DIS x4 salary
- Car parking: Available free on site
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Medical Care: BUPA Private Medical Insurance (Single cover)
- Holidays: 33 days inclusive of statutory
- Salary: £30,000-£37,000