Rutherford Cross is working exclusively with a large scale international manufacturing business in Glenrothes to recruit a Management Accountant.
It is envisaged that this role will be a highly commercial and operation role with the business looking for an individual to step up into a more senior role over time as the business continues to grow.
This would suit an individual who has a couple of years post qualified experience.
The Management Accountant role is designed for qualified accountants early in their career to grow and develop into finance leaders of the future. These are individuals who have exceptional business acumen, and the drive and ambition to excel. The role includes sales and commercial interaction, P&L improvement, B/S production and manufacturing operational improvement and simplification, all delivered through effective critical business partnering with our functional leaders.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Business partnering with Sales leaders and UK&I functional department managers
- Manufacturing variance reduction, Inventory management, PPV simplification
- Glenrothes production team and supply chain partnering, simplifying back office processes to bring P&L stability and sharpening
- AR partnering on strategy, tactical cash collection and simplification delivery incl. automation
- Rebate cost and process improvement
- Variable and Period cost centre budget management and cost/KPI control, process simplification
- Accountable for month-end close, accurate and timely reporting to Corporate of both P&L and B/S
- Maintaining and enhancing the strength and depth of the financial control environment
- Achieving a strong external audit and internal audit report
- Indirect leadership of the finance team
- Mentoring the Assistant Controller
- Divisional team collaboration to standardise and simplify processes
- Developing into the UK Controller of the future (succession)
- Working in the daily back office finance engine room, working with the assistant controller, financial controller, accounts payable and receivable teams as well as the country corporate office and corporate offices.
- This will include daily transactional activity, month end and quarter end close as well as annual accounts production and reporting cycles. The business various key financial controls which must be fully functioning and monitored to ensure integrity of our financial accounting environment, this role is a key contributor to the effectiveness of the fundamental accounting environment. This provides the underpinnings for any accountant..
- You will be a fully qualified member of a recognised accountancy body: ICAS/ACCA/CIMA.
- It is highly preferred that you will have experience of working in a manufacturing environment for a number of years, in both pre-qualified and post-qualified roles.
- You will be a committed, hardworking individual. A proactive attitude is essential for this position, with an enthusiasm for learning and success.