Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by BGF to appoint an Investor based in Edinburgh.
Given the firm’s success and growth of its investment portfolio, the Central Belt team is expanding its headcount and looking to appoint an Investor into the team.
This is an exciting, progressive opportunity for a talented Corporate Finance professional with the desire to join a high growth, innovative, leading PE Firm. The Investor will contribute to overall investment activity by supporting the evaluation process for new investment opportunities, monitoring of existing investments and providing general support to the activity of senior investment team members. The Investor will work under the supervision and guidance of senior members of the team.
Whilst you will be working from home for the foreseeable, long term when it is safe to do so candidates must be flexible as some travel to Belfast is required, however this is deal dependent and not extensive.
Key responsibilities in this role include the following:
- Support the investment team in the preparation of research and analysis on prospective investments to develop an increased understanding of key investment risks and value drivers
- Assist in the production of key investment outputs including offer letters, heads of terms, investment papers, presentation documents and non-disclosure agreements
- Use financial models and valuation techniques to support the investment team in assessing potential valuations, funding requirements and funding structures for prospective investee companies
- Assess financial information and forecasts for prospective investments. Highlight risk areas and areas to understand more fully in due diligence
- Maintain contact with companies that have been introduced to BGF and who may wish to use BGF for growth capital funding in the future
- Assist in the initial screening of opportunities. Communicate directly with companies, advisors and other intermediaries to understand the fit with investment mandate and the potential attractiveness of the investment opportunity
- Assist in the research and identification of potential candidates for BGF investment
- Support senior investment staff at marketing events for intermediaries and prospective investee companies
- Monitor the financial news and market and regulatory changes that may affect existing or prospective investments
- Maintain investment information on the BGF CRM system and relevant databases
- Start to build and actively maintain a network of local contacts in banks, accountancy firms, corporate finance advisors and lawyers
You will be an ambitious and determined individual with a strong EQ who can challenge in the correct manner. Given the amount of interaction this role has with CEO’s and business owners, you must be an exceptional relationship builder and confident communicator.
You will have the ability to carry out general and financial research, analyse and evaluate investment opportunities are essential, as is a good knowledge in current affairs, business, and an appreciation of their impact on the market. Strong presentation skills are also essential.
To be considered you will have been involved in a few complex deals during your career to date. It is imperative that you are technically capable with strong spreadsheet modelling and analysis skills, along with an exceptional commercial acumen. You will come from a high performing corporate finance or transaction services team. Individuals at the right post qualifying level from Private Equity, Strategy Consulting or banking will also be considered.
Ideally you will have c2-5 years post qualifying experience (ICAS, CFA or the equivalent). You will be commercially astute, with a deep interest in UK business and the UK entrepreneur / SME sector.