Rutherford Cross is currently exclusively engaged by an exciting manufacturing business in Glasgow, who are looking for an Internal Auditor to join a small team and focus on the assessment and improvement of the risk and controls framework across all Business Units. You will be required to interface with Sales, Finance, Operations, IT, Human Resources, External Audit and, as such, exceptional communication, analytical and relationship management skills are essential to this job.
You will support the provision of assurance to shareholders through the Audit Committee, to the Leadership Team and to functional management.
- Create, manage and deliver a risk-based annual Audit Plan, as approved by the Audit Committee;
- Undertake internal audit reviews based on the annual Audit Plan, reviewing business processes and recommending control improvements
- Provide management and the Audit Committee with written reports of the results and recommendations of each piece of work undertaken
- Follow up on management’s response to IA recommendations to determine if agreed upon internal control improvements have been implemented
- Present findings and progress with the Audit Plan to the Audit Committee at least quarterly and provide an annual summary of the control environment to the Audit Committee
- Support good governance by undertaking ad hoc projects / investigations as and when required, including whistleblowing reports or suspected fraudulent activity
- Maintain Internal Audit standards and procedures
- Co-ordinate the risk management process, ensuring the group risk register is updated on a regular basis. Ensure that the risk management process is embedded and continues to function on an on-going
- Business point of contact for governance and control queries, including whistleblowing
- Conduct regular meetings (including site visits) to understand the risk environment
- Degree educated
- Qualified accountant, or Internal Audit professional, with appropriate post-qualification experience
- Excellent IT skills including MS office
- Full UK Driving License
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.