Rutherford Cross is currently supporting a retail bank in Edinburgh in their search for an Internal Audit Manager, to support the Senior Manager in delivering an independent and objective risk-based Internal Audit service designed to evaluate and improve the Bank’s risk management, control and governance processes. You would be responsible for leading and delivering allocated audit assignments through the planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up stages with minimal supervision.
- To contribute appropriately to the provision of an independent assessment of the governance, risk management and control processes
- To contribute appropriately to the achievement of the IA department services consistent with current professional standards
- To undertake multiple assignment delivery as required and lead assigned audits to time, plan and quality using the audit methodology and quality standards, regularly reporting progress
- Demonstrate capability to manage complexity
- To line manage Senior Auditors as required, including coaching, development and performance management
Experience and Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience in risk based auditing or risk and control activities, ideally in financial services
- Experience of working in a largely outsourced environment would be beneficial but not compulsory
- Experience in engaging with business management
- Experience of working in an integrated audit function, working closely with other audit team colleagues
- IIA CIA, ACCA or equivalent qualification are required and IIA CMIIA, CISA, CISSP or equivalent are desirable
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and relationship building skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain SME skillset in a changing and complex landscape
- Strong analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Focus on results and drive to meet standards
- Focus on finding solutions that have the right outcomes, acceptable to both the auditee and IA function
- Ability to operate with little supervision using initiative to work efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate drive in delivering audits
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.