Interim Financial Accountant role (Hybrid/Remote) with one of the UK’s leading charities. This role is based just outside of Glasgow for an 18-month period.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing annual reports and accounts for the organisation and its subsidiaries
- Preparing any relevant statutory information that is required to be submitted to an external body
- Monitoring changes in accounting regulation and legislation whilst assessing impact on the organisation
- Preparing VAT returns and corporate tax returns as well as other similar regulatory returns
- Managing a small finance team
- Leading the continuous development of the organisations chart of accounts, ensuring procedures are in place as well as evaluated and audited
- Performing cost allocation exercises to be included in external financial reports as well as the basis for annual accounts
- Monitoring and reporting on cash flow and restricted funds
- Initiating regular balance sheet reviews and monitoring reconciliation preparation and submission
- Ensuring appropriate control frameworks are in place to manage tax affairs
- Offering advice on accounting and tax issues as required
- Providing regular reports on pension fund costs
To apply, you will be a Qualified or ‘Qualified by Experience’ finance professional with a demonstrative background in statutory accounting. The ideal candidate will be confident managing cost centres to produce timely and accurate reports and have previous staff management experience. The post holder will also have experience working with ERP accounting systems and be proficient in Excel. This role will offer a Hybrid Working model. Finally, knowledge of Charity SORP is desirable but not essential. Salary bracket: Circa £35,000 - £43,000 p.a. depending on experience.