Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with a high profile technology company to recruit an interim Finance Manager on a 1-year fixed term contract. This role is to start in April and will be based in the Scottish Borders.
This assignment represents an ideal opportunity to gain invaluable experience of working in an entrepreneurial business environment that is constantly changing and evolving.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant, ideally with industry experience
- Confident, personable and self-motivated
- Well-developed commercial acumen and analytical skills, ideally gained within a faced paced and high volume transaction business
- Experience of producing reports and board packs
- Well versed in improving and implementing financial controls
- Strong team player with flexible attitude to work priorities
- ‘Can do’ attitude, willing to help where needed
- Excellent IT skills and proficient user of MS Excel
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the finance team with technical accounting queries
- Monthly review of the management accounts file and assistance with preparation of hard close
- Assistance with monthly board pack preparation
- Detailed management of cash balances and cash flow forecasting
- Authorisation and review of all payment runs prepared by finance team
- VAT return review & compliance
- Continuous improvement of financial processes and controls
- Monthly payroll review
This assignment will commence in April so applicants must either be available to start full time in April or at the very least be able to commit a minimum of two days a week while working their notice period to ensure a successful handover of duties.
To apply, please contact our advisor Billy McCarthy at Rutherford Cross.