Rutherford Cross is working with a leading business in Glasgow to appoint a Commercial Accountant who will be focused on delivering strategic growth. This is a 12 month fixed term contract which will report into the Head of Commercial Finance and is focused on quite a niche area with responsibility for managing a loan book involving review and approval of various investment proposals. A summary of some of the other key duties include:
- Conducting detailed investment appraisals, monitoring and reviewing the performance of appraisals
- Checking investments are commercially astute and liaising regularly with Commercial Teams to challenge where necessary
- Working closely with wider finance team providing support around new business opportunities
- Budgeting and forecasting and providing insightful reports with detailed analysis
- Ensuring strong governance processes are in place
This role will suit a qualified accountant with recent experience in a commercial/business partnering role. There will be wide exposure to various areas of the business and the opportunity to liaise with a number of different stakeholders at a senior level. Communication and influencing skills will be key as well as being able to confidently challenge when required while also building valuable relationships with areas out with finance. Interviews will be held virtually asap.