Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a high growth SME based just outside Glasgow to fill the role of Head of Transactional Finance. The continuous success and financial growth of the company has allowed for the creation of this role to assist the business through this exciting period, primarily focusing on management of the accounts payable team for the first portion of the job with the opportunity to take on line management of the wider transactional finance team in due course.
The organisation recently implemented a new ERP system and are also focussing on process and reporting improvements. There will be the opportunity to assess current controls and processes and to make and implement positive recommendations. Key to this role will be someone who is able to identify and fix problematic areas, drive changes, and build their team management responsibility while supporting the business as it embarks on exciting growth.
A summary of some of the key duties –
- Management and overseeing of the full AP function
- Initial focus on clearing a backlog of invoices as well as assessment of current processes and controls and driving improvements
- Business partnering with areas out with Finance across the organisation to manage queries and drive optimum communication for suppliers
- Managing a team of 10+ initially, including team leaders, focusing on supporting the team through process changes including regular reviews and appraisals
- Ensuring company is adhering to relevant compliance requirements and working with the team through any required changes.
The candidate will be-
- Fully Qualified Accountant or a Qualified by Experience candidate with a strong background in managing transactional finance teams (AP/AR/Credit Control)
- Able to lead sizeable finance teams and remain hands on with support and development
- Demonstratable track record working within transactional finance areas
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate and timely results
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management and internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to work well in a team, but also capable of taking ownership for the delivery of specific tasks
On offer is an opportunity to work within a fast-growing SME, managing a sizable team and driving process changes and improvements. In turn the company will offer a salary at £55 - 65,000 DOE, pension, private medical cover and generous bonus scheme as well as 23 days annual leave plus statutory leave entitlement. This role will be predominantly office based in the short term to facilitate functional team management before hybrid/flexible working can be considered.