Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a high-growth SME to fill the role of Purchase Ledger Manager. The continuous success and financial growth of the company has allowed for the creation of this role to join them at their head office in Lanarkshire. Reporting to the Head of Transactional Finance the successful candidate will be responsible for the Accounts Payable function, working with a team of 6 direct reports and managing a large and varied ledger. This presents an excellent opportunity for someone to make changes, build their team management responsibility and support the business as in embarks on exciting growth.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing a large Purchase Ledger team within a fast-paced and growing organisation
- Ensuring postings are made accurately and in a timely manner, working closely with the wider finance team to provide quality management information
- Ensuring monthly reconciliation of supplier statements are undertaken and reviewed
- Providing accurate forecasts of payment runs
- Managing deadlines effectively, prioritising workload of self and team, delegating as and when appropriate
- Ensuring all supplier accounts are allocated across the team, prioritised and worked on in a sensible manner
- Ensuring professional and regular communication with all internal and external stakeholders - provide clarity on who is completing a task, by when and progress thereafter, with early alerts to potential delays
- Responsibility for setting up supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Leading with driving process and control improvements across the function
- Ensuring that the ERP system is utilised to its full potential and using a data driven focus to manage and plan team resources
- Maintaining close relationships across the branch network to ensure the timely completion of key tasks
- Ad hoc projects as required
The Purchase Ledger Manager position requires an experienced candidate with a background of working in a high-volume purchase ledger function and leading a team. Having great communication and collaboration skills will be key for this role as well as having strong attention to detail and being data focused in your approach. Prior experience of system and process improvements is essential as well as being able to ensure deadlines are met.
The role will be primarily office based and offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme and other benefits. If you are interested in this role, please contact eilidhgraham@rutherfordcross,com