Rutherford Cross is working with an SME business based in East Kilbride to recruit for a Head of Finance on a part time basis. This company are very flexible on how the role is worked. This represents an excellent opportunity to join a long-established and successful business and become a key member of the senior management team. The role will directly manage all aspects of finance for the Group and lead a small finance function. With the business being highly entrepreneurial and focused on growth, they are seeking a candidate who wants to be part of its exciting journey and has the drive and motivation to support the company with its future plans. A summary of some of the main duties are below:
- Overall responsibility for the finance function, including overseeing production of the monthly group management accounts, annual accounts & audit process
- Hands-on management of a small finance team
- Preparation of annual budgets and cash forecasting models
- Financial planning in line with business strategy to enable effective decision making, as required
- Management of the accounting systems, including identifying efficiencies and managing business integrations
- Oversee payroll & HR matters
- Insurance renewals
- Company Secretarial Duties
- Ensure clear objectives are set for the finance team and conduct regular 1:1 meetings to ensure team members operate effectively and grow in their roles
- Involvement in commercial activities – M&A activity
For this role the company are seeking a fully qualified accountant, who is an experienced team manager, has strong technical ability and is flexible to work in an entrepreneurial sme environment.
For more information, please get in contact with Hazel Wynn at Rutherford Cross.